[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [PROPOSED] Changes to General Options FDO#40656

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 08:07:29 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-09-07 at 07:54 -0700, Joel Madero wrote:

> As for your other comment about changing name of help, how do I go
> about doing this? I've never messed with the help stuff before so I'll
> need a bit of guidance.

Its kind of gruesome, I generally just get the help pages up and cut and
paste some likely unique text from them and grep for that in
helpcontent2/source. e.g. the help page for options has a "Java" entry
in it and "Use this dialog to create general settings as the top", so
grepped for the second string and get
source/text/shared/optionen/01010000.xhp and so on. Its an xml format so
I just tend to copy and paste bits of it around. the "id"s you'll see in
the source apparently have to be unique. If I need a new one I pick a
random number and grep to make sure its unique.

C.