[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Finding a UX dev

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 14:49:26 PDT 2013

Hi guys,
Compared to competitors, LibreOffice is lagging behind in terms of UX, and,
unfortunately, it seems like relatively little development is happening in
that area, often relegated to GSoC projects and Easy Hacks, which don't
always get picked up.

The UI is one of the most common targets of complaints about LibreOffice.
I'm certain many would be willing to pay a developer to work on UX-related
bugs full-time. We could draw up a Kickstarter campaign.

So, I'm wondering, is there a volunteer developer or a former GSoC student
who might be up to the task?