[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Think about the Save Icon and Navigator Icon please

Jean-Francois Nifenecker jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net
Tue Feb 19 11:28:09 PST 2013

Hi Astron,

Le 19/02/2013 19:08, Stefan Knorr a écrit :

> Not sure why you think one could only recognize this item from filing
> cabinets at work – my nightstand looks very similar to the cabinet in
> question (it's made from wood not metal, though) and it stores my socks. :)

well, I'm probably suffering from lack of imagination but I can tell you
that it took me a loooong time to understand what was that strange thing
on the Save toolbutton under my Linux at home.

I'm one of these workers who never had such a file cabinet at work nor
saw any in their neighborhood. I can ascertain that most of my
colleagues wouldn't know either (fortunately we're using the Windows
version with the floppy icon ;-)
And it doesn't look like any nightstand I had.

Some kind of a cultural gap, maybe?
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux