[Libreoffice-ux-advise] including Ubuntu fonts in Windows/OSX installers

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Thu Jan 24 23:37:02 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 04:51:11PM -0600, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Rene Engelhard <rene at debian.org> wrote:
> > Becaudse *you* don't care about what "Open Source" is doesn't mean that all the
> > people who care should do stuff to clean it up.
>
> Hello, Rene Engelhard. It is the first time you and I talk to each
> other, and we had never met face-to-face. Is this the way you talk to
> people, assuming things like “you don’t care”? This says a lot from
> you, and if you want to know: I do care, if I didn’t, I wouldn’t spend
> so much of my free time contributing to LibreOffice.

Yes, we never met, but from your last post it *seems* you don't care,
as you say LO should include the non-fee font and Debian should remove it.
If you cared about OSS you would defend a software containing only that
and would reject non-free fonts outright.

> Now, going on-topic: the UFL does not forbid LibreOffice from
> including Ubuntu [1], we are not renaming it, and honestly, calling it

Not allowing to rename it fails the DFSG/Open Source Definition.

> as endorsing the distro? Even if it did, that would be a benefit to
> Debian, come on! Rene Engelhard, let’s not make this a discussion on

How?

Regards,

Rene