[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [GSoC] Refreshed Android Impress Remote

Stefan Knorr heinzlesspam at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 14:35:46 PDT 2013

Hi Artur, Mirek,

so, Artur, I don't quite understand why you find this slide-out from the
bottom so atypical. There are e.g. similar slide-outs in the
descriptions of applications on Google Play. Of course, they expand to
the bottom and not from it, and they are somewhere on a content page.
The Notes bar is not meant to be an action bar, really.

So, ... at the same time, I wonder: do we actually need a notes button?
How about always showing any notes when the phone is in portrait mode,
and never showing them when in landscape?

Possible considerations: at some later point, we will probably add
buttons to play animations (e.g. some people like to let their bullet
points fly in individually – not that this useless habit should be
supported ;) ) or videos (some people actually like to put two on a
slide).
Especially in the case of videos, we probably need some kind of side
pane/bottom pane where you can click to play. (So, it's off-slide.) So,
what I am thinking about here is putting tabs in the bottom pane (one
for Notes, one for Animation & Video). And it could be argued if the
animation tab weren't available in landscape mode that would hamper
usability. So... not sure ultimately.

On Mi, 2013-06-12 at 23:12 +0200, Mirek M. wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM, Artur Dryomov <artur.dryomov at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > Perhaps just have a hide/show notes button in the action bar, then?
> >
> > It is never too late to add another action bar button :-)
> >
> > What do you think about showing notes below a slide — just like the
> > current implementation — but keep a slide vertical centered?
> > This will solve a waste of space when there are no notes and will keep
> > them visible if a presentation has them.

I think you will have to explain this a bit more...

> BTW, remember to keep landscape mode in mind as well. There, notes should
> probably be on the right-hand side.

Exactly, I had no solution for this in my (Astron's) original design.

Astron.