[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Proposal to limit border widths to 4 values

Jean-Francois Nifenecker jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net
Tue Jun 18 09:22:55 PDT 2013

Le 18/06/2013 15:52, Eike Rathke a écrit :
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Friday, 2013-06-07 16:25:38 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
>
>> sure, screen has limited resolution.  this may be more relevant for Calc
>> than Writer, since i'd guess spreadsheets are not printed as often.
>
> Don't underestimate the number of documents where spreadsheets were
> abused to "design" mouth-painted forms and handouts with lots of fancy
> borders. History knows plenty tales of horror.

Here's one of those tales: I've seen with my very eyes an organization
chart created using... Calc. I get goose-bumps when I think to the work
that was required from the poor guy who made that... err... thing.

Worse, if possible: this %$&§ is *still* in use although I trained these
people to use Draw :,(

--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux