[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [libreoffice-accessibility] keyboard accessibility of new template manager - fdo#61390

V Stuart Foote VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu
Sat Mar 2 13:46:51 PST 2013

fdo#61468 was added to mab 4.0, but it needed to be combined with fdo#61389. So used the earlier report on the MAB list.

Cross posting this to the UX list because while the the new (at 4.0.0) Template Manager is a a really great feature, it somehow made it through development and QA deficient in its accessibility roles.

I hope all can agree that for effective AT, accessibility roles and interfaces really benefit from consistency and a fully instrumented accessibility structure.

With so many development channels, it is not clear to me how to achieve that earlier in the component and feature design, But looking at the new Template Manager, in context with long standing accessibility issues with the F11 - Styles & Formatting panel, it is clear that some renewed UX team emphasis on accessibility and support for AT in the user interface is needed.

Stuart