[Libreoffice-ux-advise] new icon theme / facebook bits ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Mar 25 08:37:38 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-25 at 14:43 +0000, Issa Alkurtass wrote:
> While I would love to have the icons in the master, I think
> it's still a bit early for that.

	Fair enough :-)

> What's currently been done is Writer's standard toolbars (default
> view) icons, and I'm still changing them repeatedly with feedback
> from the design team to achieve a unified look.

	It makes me wonder whether we could not use the industrial icons as a
base here - with some re-colouring at least the outlines for the symbol
shapes and so on seem like they'd be extremely re-usable :-) Are you
aware of the industrial theme as a source for inspiration there ?
[ though I guess if we want SVG originals then perhaps we'd need to look
elsewhere ]

> Once I'm done with that I will start doing the icons missing from
> the standard toolbars of the rest of programs (roughly 30 icons not
> counting Base). Polishing these shouldn't take as long once a
> unified look is achieved.

	Nice :-)

> After that we could possibly push a testing (alpha) version of the icon
> set to the master so that people can test it and play with it. I
> estimate that I would need a couple months to reach this point :)

	Great stuff, so a 4.1 feature then I guess.

	Thanks !

		Michael.