[Libreoffice-ux-advise] File->Properties->Internet

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 14:54:17 PDT 2013

On 21/11/12 15:16, Michael Stahl wrote:
> since i'm just looking at the dialog:
>
> there is a Internet tab page on the File->Properties... dialog which
> allows the user to set a "Refresh timeout", after which the document
> will automatically be reloaded, and a "Redirect", which will cause
> another document to be loaded (after some timeout).
>
> these appear to me to be relics of the 90s when StarOffice wanted to be
> a web browser and are now entirely useless.
>
> we cannot get rid of these properties in the DocumentProperties API etc.
> because unfortunately they were standardized in ODF, so it will be
> possible to set these via API, but i wonder if we really want to clutter
> up the dialog with this useless Internet tab page.

currently on master we get 2 rows on tabs on the Properties dialog,
which clearly indicates that there is too much stuff on it, so i've
reached for my axe and chopped off the Internet tab page now in commit
dbba84906d394187b105b9b899ec10065d2d1fc8 and the corresponding help page
in commit 341ef992d8fdc702e97274779cf3aa92133c547b