[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Mass changes to Impress animations - related to fdo#41572

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Wed May 1 09:33:38 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Michel Renon <michel.renon at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Le 28/03/2013 11:16, Thorsten Behrens a écrit :
>
>> Michel Renon wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>  With all your first answers, I started to brainstorm some ideas.
>>> I'll begin to mockup them in few days. I'll create a new page on the
>>> wiki.
>>>
>>>  Awesome, looking forward!
>>

> Here it is !
>
> https://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/**ImpressAnimationEntrance<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ImpressAnimationEntrance>
>
> There are 4 use cases and a first proposal.
>
> Is it ok to create a new panel (in the tasks panel) ?

Aren't entrance animations just a subset of custom animations? What about
other kinds of animations, like exit animations? Don't they deserve equal
treatment?

Except for fewer clicks, what would the new panel bring? Aren't all of the
options it contains already available via Effect Options?

I would rather opt for redesigning the current custom animation panel than
adding a new panel, especially as the task pane is overpopulated as is.