[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Template manager issues pending
michel.renon at free.fr
Thu May 30 01:56:49 PDT 2013
Le 29/05/2013 23:35, Cor Nouws a écrit :
> Rafael Dominguez wrote (20-05-13 04:05)
>> I did the rest of them already, ill push it tomorrow and ill send you a
>> msg after, so you can test it.
> Hi Rafael,
> Just to make sure that I didn't miss anything: did you already have a
> change to push the work?
As a reminder, the implementation started by Raphael seems :
- complicated to code (OS specific)
- difficult to maintain (because of OS specific)
- not the best UX
If it's still not implemented, why not switch to another solution:
--> after the OpenFile picker, just add a dialog to ask user what he
wants to do (open template or create a new doc from template).
This solution is :
- much easier to implement (I suppose it should be few lines of code)
- easy to maintain (std VCL code)
- a good UX (confirmed by Cedric and Mirek)
More information about the Libreoffice-ux-advise