[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Startcenter greeting text

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos fitoschido at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 02:48:55 PST 2013

I concur with what Björn and Olivier both said.

The main call-to-action text is too childish and too informal. Too
elementaryOS-y. I would suggest something like: “Hey, wazzup, bro/gal?
Let’s work on this s...” OK, no ;-)

My *real* suggestion is:

“Open a document by dragging it to this area, or create one by
choosing an option from the left side.”

It says how to do things, and drops the cheesy welcoming and
unnecessary exclamation marks.

Also, having the word “New…” repeated in all the options is so
redundant. There’s a text over the buttons saying “Create”. Isn’t that
enoght for the user to know that these buttons will *create* an
(obviously new, otherwise you wouldn’t be *creating* one) document?

Let’s drop the “New”, “New”, “New”, “New”, “New”, “New” from the
buttons. That way we also save space when the buttons are translated.

Regards