[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Advice on adding Smart-Art related settings

Jacobo Aragunde Pérez jaragunde at igalia.com
Tue Oct 8 01:09:38 PDT 2013

El 03/10/13 14:45, Jan Holesovsky escribió:
> Jacobo Aragunde Pérez píše v Čt 03. 10. 2013 v 10:24 +0200:
>> 2. Immutable shapes can be saved to docx with no data loss, but they are
>> transformed to a shape group when saved to odt and this process
>> introduces some errors.
> Regarding 2., couldn't we roundtrip the metadata as some blob in the ODT
> too?  Otherwise sounds great to me :-)

That's a good idea. I'll start working on point 2 trying to preserve
SmartArt metadata when saving to .odt.

>> Finally, would you agree on temporarily adding an entry to the options
>> dialog as described at [2] for the short term?
>
> If you commit to further improving as you have described above, I won't
> push back on this - I prefer code included early; gets more testing &
> feedback that way, and won't bitrot.

Andrés has pushed to gerrit a set of patches to implement the issue as
it was previously described (with a new entry in the options dialog).

> Thank you a lot,

Thanks to you all for your time :)

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-ux-advise/2013-October/002399.html
--