[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [GSoC] Use Widget Layout for the Start Center

Emir Yâsin SARI bitigchi at me.com
Fri Sep 6 07:02:14 PDT 2013

6 Eyl 2013 tarihinde 17:47 saatinde, Tor Lillqvist şunları yazdı:

> IMHO, it'd be great if LibreOffice could present each of its modules as completely separate applications,
>
> Hmm, that would mean LOTS of changes to our packaging and distribution on OS X (something for which there isn't exactly an abundance of engineering resources), where there now is just one app bundle, LibreOffice.app. You mean there would be separate LibreOfficeWriter.app, LibreOfficeCalc.app, etc? Where would their shared code be? (Duplicated in each app? Sure, that would work, but the usual suspects would whine "think of the people who have to pay $$ per megabyte of download") How would installing such a thing work, if on a .dmg, dragging each .app separately to /Applications? Etc...

I think current approach is better, it also gives a seamless interaction between components, like editing Calc sheets in Writer which MS Office on Mac cannot do, but what LibreOffice needs is separate component links, like the ability to put Calc or Writer separately on Dock, eliminating extra clicks, though I am not sure if it is possible or not. In any case it would require some separation of components.

Emir