[Libreoffice-ux-advise] some thoughts on the Sidebar

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 13:08:49 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl> wrote:

> Hi Jean-Baptiste,
>
> Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote (10-09-13 07:54)
>

>  I do not agree with that except in the case of Calc. In Writer I work
>> always with the Navigator and/or the Stylist open. With the Sidebar, I
>> can close the Formatting toolbar and gain vertical space.
>>

> Yes, that is the idea.
>

>  I think the sidebar lacks the ability to embed whatever toolbar. For
>> example, in Writer, "Bullets and Numbering", "Table" or "Insert" toolbars.
>>

> Looks in line with the pane wishes Mirek write about :)

Actually, no.
I'd like for the Properties panel to remain focused on properties.
As I said, the panel should supplement toolbars, not replace them. Rather
than duplicating toolbar functionality, the sidebar should strive to be as
expansive as possible and replace modal dialogs one day.

 Another nice feature of the Sidebar could be to partially close it,