[Libreoffice-ux-advise] LibreCalc Dev Projects

Ian Smith ismith at robertstrucking.com
Tue Feb 11 22:30:26 CET 2014

To whom it may concern:

I am a software developer at a shipping/logistics company. Currently the company uses Excel for spreadshiting. I am attempting a LibreCalc coup, but I need help!

The functionality of shared spreadsheets in LibreC is ideal, with one gleaming exception: shared spreadsheets do not allow color formatting of cells.

Specifically, we need multiple users to be able format the background color of cells in a shared LibreCalc document). Currently this is not possible.(?)

1) are there any dev plans in the works to create this functionality ?
2) would it be possible to modify the source code to create this functionality myself?

I use Arch Linux at work. Windows 7 at home. I have an intermediate understanding of Git, a basic understanding of C++, and extensive Python experience.

Suggestions please! (If I have sent this query to the wrong location, please advise me as to the correct one).

Cheers,

Iman