[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Vertical text alignment for frames

Tamas Zolnai tamas.zolnai at collabora.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 07:11:40 PST 2014

On Friday, February 28, 2014 06:15 GMT, Adolfo Jayme Barrientos <fito at libreoffice.org> wrote:

> On 2/27/14, Tamas Zolnai <tamas.zolnai at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> > I think we can use the same combo box which we use for table  (Table context
> > menu -> Table -> Text flow -> Alignment). I see two places where it can be
> > added:
> >     1. In Frame dialog -> Type tab:
> > http://people.inf.elte.hu/zotsaai/type.png
> >     2. In Frame dialog -> Options tab:
> > http://people.inf.elte.hu/zotsaai/option.png
> >
> > I changed the label from "Alignment" to "Text alignment" because it can be
> > ambiguous in the new context.
> >
> > So I have these ideas, but I need ux guys' suggestions for final decision.
>
> Hi Tamás,
>
> by quickly looking at your first screenshot I would suggest that the
> added section and combobox is placed in the right side, to take
> advantage of the empty space there and avoid adding unnecessary
> vertical space to the whole dialog. Cheers!

Hi Adolfo,

Thanks, I followed your suggestion and placed the combobox to the right side:
http://people.inf.elte.hu/zotsaai/contentalignment.png
I use "Content alignment" instead of "Text alignment" because it also affects
tables and other objects anchored inside the frame (other frames, drawings or graphics).
I pushed this version to the master, so it can be tested. If you have any other
suggestions please don't hesitate to share them with me.

Thanks,
Tamás