[Libreoffice-ux-advise] UI changes for LO-5.0 - review needed

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Wed Jun 17 00:16:35 PDT 2015

Hi,

Le 17/06/2015 00:17, Zolnai Tamás a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> I submit two patches to gerrit related to text highlighting:
> First one renames all instances of character "Background" to "Highlighting":
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/16322/
> Second one adds a Highlighting Tab to paragraph styles dialog, because
> in the LO-4.4 release we lost the functionality of setting character
> background for paragraph styles:
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/16324/

I do not understand how Highlighting is supposed to work when in
conjunction with area filling. I tried it but if I define an area
filling then the color highlighting is not visible. Even if I set
transparency. So, at the moment, it is one or the other but not both.

That said I still not understand why background has been renamed in
area. It sound weird when translated in French (zone).

Best regards
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.