[Libreoffice-ux-advise] StartCenter on OSX does not display all available document shortcuts

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 01:41:52 PDT 2015

Gi all,

Is there any logical reason why the StartCenter does not by default
display all of the document shortcut icons on the lefthand side ?

On master, with OSX 10.10.3, the StartCenter opens, with a default size
approximately 2/3 that of my screen 1360x768 LG Flatron W1946 monitor.

At this default size, I only get to see Writer, Calc, Impress and Draw
document shortcuts.

There is no mouse, scroll, or keyboard behaviour that lets you move down
the list of shortcuts to see the Database and Formula shortcuts, which
kind of gives the impression that they no longer exist. Indeed, this is
what I first thought when I saw that the Database document shortcut no
longer appeared.

This is with the default icon theme of Breeze and automatic size setting
of the icons.

If I try to expand the StartCenter window to a size I determine correct,
it automatically expands the window dimensions to accomodate the Formula
and Database icons, but in doing so

(1) encroaches on the OSX Dock ;
(2) is impossible to shrink diagonally afterwards - I can only operate a
width reduction on the window.

Surely, this is not expected behaviour ?

Alex