[Libreoffice] Attention: The changes to the build system are about to be pushed....

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 16:08:38 PST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 20:26 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> in the next few minutes
>
>        So - a quick reminder, the new wiki page is at:
>
>        http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build
>
>        And migration is not quite as simple as all that; however - if you have
> a live checkout / build of build/ here is my recipie for quick migration
> (without re-checkout):

The migration step, are meant to be done by ./download (see function
source_file_bootstrap())  of the build-repo, which need to be
regenerated from download.in,

hence  the section
******** Attention *******
If you have an existing setup, _when_ the changes are pushed to master
and you pull them for the first time, you _HAVE_ to re-do your
autogen.sh and ./download step.
These have been modified to detect the situation where you still have
the old directory setup and convert it automatically during the
./download step.
Failure to do so will use outdated version of ./configure ./download
and other support scripts, which is guarantee to end poorly.
********
 in the post I made describing the up-comming changes

Note the the links in ./bootstrap/ are generated during  ./g clone or ./g pull.
(./bin/g now redirect to ./bootstrap/g)

they can also be regenerated with:

cd bootstrap
./bin/create_bootstrap_links

>        cd build/
>        mv clone/bootstrap ..
>        mv src ../bootstrap

Yep, I haven't taken into account the src directory... Missed that one, sorry.