[Libreoffice] Suggestion needed for External Edit functionality.

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Wed Dec 1 23:35:53 PST 2010

surenspost at gmail.com wrote:
> After few sleepless nights spent grokking and with quite a big deal
> help from IRC and the list, have come up with the first cuts working
> version of the External Edit functionality[1]. Have attached the
> patches rebased against the latest master.

Hi Suren,

I had initially intended to reply even earlier, was playing with
your patch yesterday - sadly, there was much preemption. So here's a
little intermezzo - great work so far, stuff looks promising!

I'm pondering moving parts of extedit.cxx to svtools (there's a
handy "misc" directory) - that way, one could reuse that from
Impress and Calc as well. Needs a bit of tweaking here and there
(that's what took more time yesterday than I had available) - e.g.
hide the SwWrtShell in some opaque void pointer.

There are one or two other things that could benefit from looking
into, e.g. the usage of the worker thread - I think that may not be
needed anymore, with XSystemShellExecute not blocking.

Will look into this again tonight,

Cheers,

-- Thorsten