[Libreoffice] Deleting Java from Base

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 3 05:40:07 PST 2010

Hi Jonathan, *,

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Jonathan Aquilina
<eagles051387 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i was talking to kendy this morning on irc and i was told that java is
> eventually going to be phased out its a matter of porting the code from java
> to c++. What i would be flustered with is where to begin in my honest
> opinion

Start with stuff that /any/ user would see.
My list would start with:
Fulltext search in Help (i.e. <F1>) - that uses lucene and requires java

After that, the wizards (Fax, Letter, ... wizards/autopilots)

Then the xslt based filters (that are using saxxon)

Base has been mentioned already, but that is a whole topic on its own.

But I personally don't have a problem with using java at all.

ciao
Christian