[Libreoffice] clucene port ...

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Dec 3 07:00:22 PST 2010

Hi Michael,

On 2010-12-03 at 13:57 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:

> > Start with stuff that /any/ user would see.
> > My list would start with:
>
> 	This is a great list :-) we should get some of it into the easy hacks
> page I suspect (under the not so easy hacks).
>
> > Fulltext search in Help (i.e. <F1>) - that uses lucene and requires java
>
> 	Right; but there is no real need for us to use Java lucene, when we can
> use cluncene:
>
> 	http://clucene.sourceforge.net/

Even though Christian outlined some potential problems with the native
help(s), I'd still prefer to give it a bit of research before agreeing
that we really need to preserve Lucene / the LO internal help engine in
general ;-)

So, Jonathan/others, please, no clucene porting yet, only if it proves
inevitable; I'll keep you informed.

Regards,
Kendy