[Libreoffice] LibreOffice-3.3-rc1 git tag and fixes reviewing

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Fri Dec 3 07:51:12 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 16:36 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you have probably already noticed that I created the LIBREOFFICE_3_3_0_1
> git tag for LibO-3.3-rc1 release. The builds are still running and
> should be available in the beginning of the following week.

This just occurred to me...

Is it possible to display the git tag in the About dialog?  We often
receive comments from users along the line of "this bug is marked fixed
but I still see this in my version! I'm re-opening this.", and often
it's a bit hard to determine whether the bug is really not fixed, or the
user has an older version not containing the fix.  And what they provide
from their About dialog is not straight-forward for many of us.

If we can attach the git tag we use to build the release build in the
About dialog, it would be much easier to deal with situations like this.

What do you think?

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc