[Libreoffice] Script to find undocumented classes

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Fri Dec 3 08:14:12 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 11:08 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 10:23 +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > On 2010-12-02 at 21:59 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> >
> > > So just in case, let's agree to disagree & keep the patches coming!
> > > :)
> >
> > As a conclusion, what about to combine Miklos' check for the missing
> > documentation with a commit hook, so that it does not allow you to
> > commit _new_ files without (at least the high level) documentation? ;-)
>
> I'm actually NOT in favor of this.  As much as I believe in providing
> good code documentation for new code, this is a bit too far.

My rationale: Many times when I work on feature branches, I commit stuff
but intentionally not provide documentation because the role of the
class/method/whatever may change during the course of the
implementation.  This requirement would break my workflow, and I
wouldn't appreciate that.

Encouraging good documentation is a must, but making it a requirement
even for new files unconditionally is bad.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyoshida at novell.com>