[Libreoffice] LibreOffice-3.3-rc1 git tag and fixes reviewing

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Fri Dec 3 08:34:13 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 17:25 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Kohei Yoshida píše v Pá 03. 12. 2010 v 10:51 -0500:
> > On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 16:36 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > you have probably already noticed that I created the LIBREOFFICE_3_3_0_1
> > > git tag for LibO-3.3-rc1 release. The builds are still running and
> > > should be available in the beginning of the following week.
> >
> > Is it possible to display the git tag in the About dialog?  We often
> > receive comments from users along the line of "this bug is marked fixed
> > but I still see this in my version! I'm re-opening this.", and often
> > it's a bit hard to determine whether the bug is really not fixed, or the
> > user has an older version not containing the fix.  And what they provide
> > from their About dialog is not straight-forward for many of us.
> >
> > If we can attach the git tag we use to build the release build in the
> > About dialog, it would be much easier to deal with situations like this.
>
> The information is there in slightly different form, see the attached
> screenshot. The version in libreoffice-build-<versions> has exactly the
> same value as the VERSION in the LIBREOFFICE_<VERSION> tag.

Yes, I understand that.  But your brain still has to do the mapping
which is an extra mental step.  You can think of it as a usability
improvement for hackers. ;-)

> It is enough?

I can deal with it, but making it identical with the git tag would make
it much easier.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc