[Libreoffice] Suggestion needed for External Edit functionality.

Suren surenspost at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 10:32:17 PST 2010

Hi Thorsten,

On 12/03/2010 10:03 PM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:

> Hi Suren,
>
> so, just pushed your patches to master - added two tweaks:
> * FileChangedChecker moved out to
>    svtools/source/misc/filechangedchecker.cxx
> * and to make it not rely on writer internals, using a generic
>    callback mechanism from boost (the boost::function0 you see there)
>    - that works by stuffing a little container into it, that holds
>    the filename and SwWrtShell pointer, and just gets executed by
>    FileChangeChecker the same as the
>    ExternalProcessClass_Impl::CloseEvent was before.
>
> What do you think of this change?
>
> And of course great work so far, would thus be cool if you could
> keep improving it - maybe add it for the other applications as
> well? ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Thorsten

That was a very very good surprise :) I never expected it to get in this
soon :) Many thanks :D I literally jumped out of chair and hopped a few
times ;) Its quite a big moment for me :)

One small thing though, I think extedit.cxx might have been missed in
the commit. I wanted to check how you were using the boost callback
function there in that file and that file wasn't there at all :) Should
I be looking elsewhere ?

And of course, I would like to add this functionality to other
applications as well. There are also some UI love that I have been
thinking. Will keep you updated on that.

Regards,
~Suren