[Libreoffice] Java build problem identified?

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Sun Dec 5 08:34:00 PST 2010

On 05/12/10 16:08, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 14:28 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
>> No luck, it's not working. And what's findhome.class supposed to be? A
>> file in the directory? Not there, I'm afraid :-(
> Look into the configure.in itself, and search for "findhome". Looks like
> that all the other (incredibly dodgy) hackery to set JAVA_HOME disables
> dumping out that piece of java code which (IMO) is likely the best
> approach to finding JAVA_HOME automatically.

I've found out what's blowing up ...

         elif readlink $JAVACOMPILER >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then
            # maybe only one level of symlink (e.g. on Mac)
            JAVA_HOME=$(readlink $JAVACOMPILER)
         else

$JAVACOMPILER is set to /usr/bin/javac (which is as expected ...) BUT

on gentoo, that's a symlink to "run-java-tool". What's expected is a
symlink to /opt/icedtea/bin/javac, I think :-)

I'm still digging :-)

Cheers,
Wol