[Libreoffice] Java build problem identified?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Sun Dec 5 08:54:25 PST 2010

On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 16:35 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
> On 05/12/10 16:08, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-12-05 at 14:28 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
> >> No luck, it's not working. And what's findhome.class supposed to be? A
> >> file in the directory? Not there, I'm afraid :-(
> > Look into the configure.in itself, and search for "findhome". Looks like
> > that all the other (incredibly dodgy) hackery to set JAVA_HOME disables
> > dumping out that piece of java code which (IMO) is likely the best
> > approach to finding JAVA_HOME automatically.
> >
> Nope. That code is looking for $JDK=gcj. On my system $JDK=sun, so it
> never gets near it ...

Yes. That's what I'm saying. It has always looked to me that all the
other dodgy hackery to set JAVA_HOME is horribly fragile. AND IMO the
right way is to try and run findhome which has some chance of giving the
right result. Well, assuming that "findhome" gives the right results.

So, humour me, and cut and paste the contents of findhome.java out of
configure into something called "findhome.java", run javac findhome and
java findhome and what output does it give. i.e. does it give the same
output as what you had to pass to --with-jdk-home manually

C.