[Libreoffice] Bundled fonts

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 02:54:29 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 10:53 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:
> That would be 20MB saved on each make dev-install and I wouldnt run
> danger to pick up the wrong version of the DejaVu fonts.

On this final point, we have this bug where if the old opensymbol font
is installed in the Linux system-wide font dir, then we favour that over
our built-in one. We're not taking into account the version numbers of
fonts when we build our list of fonts.

There's a bug somewhere for this that I haven't the time to fix for 3.3
really, but it something we should do, compare font versions and pick
the highest. That would resolve that niggle about picking the wrong
version of a fond where two are available, bundled and non-bundled
typically.

C.