[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Wed Dec 8 07:38:46 PST 2010

Hi Marc,

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 10:10 -0500, Marc Paré wrote:
> Le 2010-12-08 04:20, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> > 	Right - a properly formed bug report for this in the bug tracker with
> > details of language etc. would be much appreciated.
..
> I put this on the user list recently and here is the response I got from
> others:

	Sure ! so this looks like a generic Linux packaging issue; I forget
what we are doing wrt. dictionaries there - clearly the vast majority of
users get their LibreOffice from their official vendor. Perhaps we just
fell-foul of some system-hunspell type configure option that changed.

> Should there still be a bug report on this? I hope this could be fixed
> somehow. IMO, LibreOffice should have a spellcheck dictionary at
> installation point. Or at the very least, be able to install
> dictionaries easily.

	Of course ! :-) please file on freedesktop, and propose a release
blocker.

	Thanks,

		Michael.