[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1

plino pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 08:04:30 PST 2010

>        Wait - you also complained about RC1's size ? and then again here
with
>a link ? :-) and Charles told you're we're working on fixing it, which
>is what we are doing ...

No. LO is NOT working on it. This has been discussed on other topics since
late Nov (Beta1 or 2)
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/A-proposal-for-effective-volunteer-friendly-user-support-in-LibreOffice-td1954148i60.html#a1969084

But now Sophie Gautier says exactly the same thing and everybody listens,
but the reasoning is that "now is not a good time because we are already at
RC1"

>        Just so you know - developer motivation is nearly exactly
> -inversely-
>proportional to griping :-) Now, it would be great if you could jump in
>and help out fix up the packaging - do you have a Windows machine you
>can get a build going on ?

I have collaborated (and still do) on several open source projects. I know
that. But sometimes provocation is the only way to get noticed and answered
to...

I do have a Windows machine and I have been testing the builds. I don't know
how to code.
My contribution is helping others on the Users forum.
And I'm willing to report the bugs I find when a proper bug tracker is set
up.
I'm not a leecher or a troll.