[Libreoffice] [LibreOffice] [Patch] Fix for i#108228: Bool has negative sign when used in Writer formula expression

Noel Power nopower at novell.com
Wed Dec 8 08:22:58 PST 2010

Hi Mattias/Michael
On 08/12/10 11:20, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Having said that, this really doesn't seem ideal. I wonder what the
> compatibility impact of changing it would be [ a chestnut for Noel to
> consider I suspect ].
 From the basic point of view as Mattias says ( and afaics ) this
doesn't change the core basic behaviour at all, the change affects
writer formula processing. Aside from the seemingly weird
SbxValue/SbxValues Put/ImplPUT inconsistencies I think basic's boolean
handling is afaik working ( e.g. Boolean is always -1 ) and yes this is
aping VBA. If that isn't the case I'd be really interested in seeing an
example where it doesn't work ( if those sort of bugs exist they need
reporting and fixing )
For this patch I am not familiar with the writer bits involved, so I am
not sure if there would be some side-affects. Personally I'd like to
understand why the "explict check in the output" doesn't get applied in
this case, I'll at least try and see where this is done to see if I can
see any obvious risks. If I don't see anything ( or nobody else objects
) I guess we can shove this into master, I'll look a little more at this
later. Thanks again for looking though, nice work !!

Noel