[Libreoffice] Build environment MacOSX - autoconf / automake version problems

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 03:02:15 PST 2010

Hi all,

I've been following the extremely well written documentation from here :

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Install_Mac_OS_10.6.4_Dependencies

to getting the build environment up and running on my Mac OSX Snow
Leopard, but I've hit a snag with automake. When I go to configure
automake 1.11.1, I get this error message and obviously configure bombs
out :

configure: error: Autoconf 2.61a-341 or better is required.

However, the preceding step to installing automake is to install
autoconf-2.68. Any hints ? The autoconf / automake saga has always been
a PITA for me before when I was building on BSD, and I've also had
problems with it in the past on Mac OS Tiger.

Is there a more recent version of automake that we should be using ? Or
should I revert to autoconf 2.61a-xxx ?

TIA for any pointers.

Alex