[Libreoffice] Grey as default color for native tables in Impress

camille camille.moulin at free.fr
Fri Dec 10 14:10:47 PST 2010

Dear LibO devs,

Please find attached a tentative patch for my own Easy Hack described
below.

The problem :

Default color for native tables in Impress is blue. Most people I heard
from are unhappy with it, because it doesn't match the corporate colors,
and it's not neutral. To make it worse, if you change the color of the
whole table (to white for instance) and insert a new line, it's blue
again because it doesn't inherit from the row above.
The colors are hardcoded, and, AFAIKT, can't be overriden by a
configuration extension.
IBM's Symphony has changed this default to white with black borders,
which confirms my impression that there is a problem indeed with blue by
default.
I posted about this on OOo's UX list and didn't get any contradiction on
topic.
So...

My proposal:
Change the default color to grey .

Justification:
Grey is more neutral than blue. So, it should create less disharmony and
discontent.
It's really a minor change in the code.
It's just a temporary solution.

Do you agree with that?