[Libreoffice] De-Java-ise flat XML export

Gioele Barabucci gioele at svario.it
Sun Dec 12 04:27:27 PST 2010

Peter Jentsch 11/12/2010 22:42:
> Hi, I'm looking for an easy task to start hacking on OOo and because
> I've got some experience with XSLT and Java I stumbled upon that
> de-java-ising task for the XSLT export filter.
 >
> Am I missing something? Xalan C++ doesn't support XSLT 2.0, does anybody
> known if XSLT export filters promise to support XSLT 2.0 (or XSLT 1.1)?

Hi,

the flat XML export XSLT filters ('odfflatxml') are quite simple. They
do not require XSLT 2.0; I tested them with libxml's xsltproc and they
work fine.

IIRC the idea [1] was to move as much XSLT processing as possible to
libxml, not to Xalan, as libxml is already used internally by
LibreOffice. I think it could make sense to have a list of filters that
can be run using an XSLT 1.0 procesor and use libxml to run them.

Maybe the flat XML format could be treated as a special filter: it could
be handled internally (with libxml) and shipped by default.

Bye,

[1]
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.devel/2729

--