[Libreoffice] Extensions manager improvement

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Sun Dec 12 14:13:56 PST 2010

Hi Caolán, hi Júlio!

Am Sonntag, den 12.12.2010, 20:34 +0000 schrieb Caolán McNamara:
> > What you think about install extensions like in Firefox? I mean, the
> > user just need to open extensions manager, search extensions and
> click
> > to install. This feature would be great! (my point of view). Also,
> it
> > checks updates in dictionaries, grammatical rules, etc.
>
> Well, I think the "checks updates for already installed" extensions is
> already in there, that should work I think.

Yep - but of course it requires extensions to be installed that handle
the language related stuff.

Júlio, if you could work on improving the current Extension workflow -
this would be great. Currently, it requires to go to a certain site,
filter manually, download the extension to a temporary location, install
it within LibO/OOo (if it works and you downloaded the correct version),
delete the temporary file. Wow!

Firefox (more or less): Open the "extension" manager, mark one of the
highest rated extensions for installation, wait. Done.

Cheers,
Christoph