[Libreoffice] Help?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Dec 13 01:38:32 PST 2010

Hi Jerry,

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 19:53 -0500, Jerry Shi wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to opensource, so tell me if I'm asking very stupid
> questions, but,

	Your questions seem sensible, and welcome to open-source (or Free
Software ;-).

>       * Where is bin/g?  I can't find it anywhere, and it seems to be
>         all over the place on the wiki

	Ah - then - perhaps this can be your 1st contribution :-) We used to
use bin/g with the 'build' build method, but now we have the 'bootstrap'
build method, it should be replaced thus:

	bin/g -> g

	ie. it is in the top-level directory now.

>       * The build failed, and I have no idea why.  The error's in the
>         nss module, in
>         clone/libs-extern-sys/nss/unxlngi6.pro/misc/build/nss-3.12.8/mozilla/security/nss/lib/freebl/drgb.c, and I've attached a copy of the error.  What should I do?

	Nasty ! I've seen that myself in the past; and chased it into the long
grass for a while; but I forget what fixed it. Apparently it compiles ok
for me now.

	More details wrt. your distribution, and so on would probably be most
helpful. How did you install the pre-requisite packages ?

	Anyhow - worth a try deleting the output and re-buiding it (cf. the rm
command at the end of the build failure message) , but I'm not that
optimistic; can you get on IRC so we can dig into it more ? #libreoffice
on irc.freenode.net ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.