[Libreoffice] Release criteria

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Dec 13 02:57:37 PST 2010

Hi,

ah, I have somehow missed this mail.

Sophie Gautier píše v Ne 05. 12. 2010 v 20:49 +0300:
> Hi Andrea, all,
> On 05/12/2010 20:39, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> > On 26/11/2010 Petr Mladek wrote:
> >> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Release_Criteria
> >> Feel free to update it or propose improvements. Especially, I am not
> >> sure about bugs in localizations.
> >
> > So a major change with respect to the OpenOffice.org release process
> > would be that no explicit approval is needed for localized versions.
>
> Imho, this should still be needed. Manuals tests are currently developed
> on the wiki and they should be run on each language for approval of the
> build to be elected as stable.
>
> > This is probably related to the multi-language build model, where you
> > don't want to wait for 20 or so explicit approvals in order to release
> > the English version, but still distributing possibly untested software
> > does not seem very good to me: I did see cases at OpenOffice.org where
> > only one localized version would not start, or would have blocking
> > issues.
>
> I agree and this is why the non tested build were left on RC state. We
> should not change this or we will miss some quality.

Hmm, we want the multilang build because of the reason mentioned in my
other reply to this thread.

I think that it is not realistic to wait for approval from all the
localizations teams.

LibO-3.3-RC1 has been available since December 6. RC2 will not be sooner
than December 15. So, you should have time to nominate blockers until
December 22. So, you should have 18 days for testing.

The idea is that the fixes between RCs must be safe and reviewed, so
they should not trigger the whole QA process.

Best Regards,
Petr