[Libreoffice] LibreOffice WikiHelp discussion

David Nelson commerce at traduction.biz
Mon Dec 13 02:57:02 PST 2010

Hi Michael, :-)

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 18:24, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:
>        So - there is no need to open the wiki for editing ever, if that is a
> huge problem for people, and certainly we don't have to do this for 3.3,
> and certainly we don't have to open the wiki so just anyone can turn up
> from the street and spam it :-) [ it is easy to have approved
> translators only eg. ]. We can provide solutions for off-line editing,
> and there is certainly no need to switch tooling to make the wiki the
> authoritative data source now / yesterday :-) we can do that in a
> month / never if there is some insuperable problem.

Personally, I like the idea of editing the help on the wiki rather than offline.
But could the problem be solved by creating a user group on the wiki and
only allowing editing rights for that group's users? Then we could add selected
devs, i10n and docs people to that group?

Is that a feasible solution?

David Nelson