[Libreoffice] Release criteria

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Dec 13 07:55:46 PST 2010

Andrea Pescetti píše v So 11. 12. 2010 v 11:45 +0100:
> On 06/12/2010 Petr Mladek wrote:
> > Andrea Pescetti píše v Ne 05. 12. 2010 v 18:39 +0100:
> > > So a major change with respect to the OpenOffice.org release process
> > > would be that no explicit approval is needed for localized versions.
> > ... I understand your concerns. We came with the central build because of
> > the many advantages:
> > 	+ translators do not need to fight with technical problems
> > 	+ save space (do not duplicate binaries)
> > 	+ packaging is standardized, compatible, ...
>
> Yes, these are clear advantages from the infrastructure point of view.
>
> > I have several ideas how to solve the above problem:
> > 	+ do smoke test of each localization to make sure that it starts
> >           at least; we should do it anyway
> > 	+ do more and more frequent bug fix releases with only safe and
> >           critical fixes; it is a bit questionable because of resources
> > 	+ allow to later update just a single localization
>
> These are all valid solutions, but they will not help for the quality of
> the first (3.3) release, which will be rather important.

Sure. I see that LO-3.3 will be a kind of special as well ;-)

OOo-3.3-rc8 is delayed. They moved the the final release to January.
We are going to create LO-3.3-rc2 tag (most likely tomorrow) and provide
newer builds with the Windows help packs, ... I am pretty sure that we
will need rc3 to integrate more fixes from OOo-3.3-rc8, ... It means
that the LO-3.3 release is going to slip to January as well. It should
give you more time for testing...

Best Regards,
Petr