[Libreoffice] Patch for ignoring preceding and trailing spaces in cell during csv import

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Tue Dec 14 05:18:32 PST 2010

Hi Takeshi,

On Tue, 2010-12-14 at 18:36 +0900, Takeshi Abe wrote:
> Hi Kohei,
>
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:28:34 -0500, Kohei Yoshida <kyoshida at novell.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to port a patch to the libreoffice-3-3 branch to ignore
> > preceding and trailing spaces in cells during csv import.  The change is
> > already committed on master, and the attached is the total difference
> > against the current libreoffice-3-3 branch.  The change on master
> > consists of several commits.
> (snip)
> > will be imported as three number cells.  Currently, Calc imports number
> > cells as strings in presence of spaces before or after the number.
> Great, I would like this stuff for 3.3!

Me too. :-)  But someone has to sign off of this for 3.3 before I can
safely port it.

> BTW why not check also horizontal tab '\t' or others of the isspace(3) family?

Good suggestion.  But for 3.3 we probably want to play it safe (i.e.
minimal change).  For example, tabs can be used as separators in which
case they have already been separated out.  Line break characters can be
used when a cell contains manual breaks, even in csv files.  So, we
don't want to skip those.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc