[Libreoffice] [libreoffice-documentation] Re: LibreOffice WikiHelp

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Wed Dec 15 14:41:07 PST 2010

Hi Kendy, *,

Jan Holesovsky wrote (13-12-10 14:33)

> Maybe I am entering a thin ice here, but do not think we have a good
> help as of now.  There is so few information there, in many times in the
> form "'Insert Picture' functionality inserts a picture from a file." ;-)
> [...]

Some parts are (very) good, some not, or just useless (as you show with
the example).

> We need to grow the family of the documentation writers, and we cannot
> do that by using the current tools.  Authoring the .xhp files as we have
> [...]
> So we need to do the work easier not only for the translators, but for
> the help authors, or the documentation team in general, too.  And I
> believe that with wiki, this has the biggest potential to scale.

I think it is important and well worth trying, and from what I have seen
in this thread (read a bit just this evening), there is good intention
to communicate, understand the needs and work on a good solution :-)

Also this evening, I saw that others try to help us with extra tips [1]
which of course is very friendly ;-)

Best,
Cor

1] http://documentation.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=6558