[Libreoffice] vcl/unx: remove duplicate printer code

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 05:31:48 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 14:25 +0100, Joachim wrote:
> If I look at the different create_SalInstance functions, there is always
> an instance of xxxSalInstance. Right?

There should be, right. That's my understanding.

> So we can move the the PrinterUpdate code in the xxxSalInstances
> classes, keep a static pointer to the instance and make PrinterUpdate
> forward the methods to that instance?

What I did was add to the SalInstance api the three PrinterUpdate
related calls, and then substitute the direct calls from normal code of
PrinterUpdate to that new SalInstance api, and then have two different
"real" PrinterUpdates, one per each SalInstance family. The X11 family
of X11, gtk, kde, etc. and the other of the headless one

C.