[Libreoffice] Improved man page

Takeshi Abe tabe at fixedpoint.jp
Fri Dec 17 22:20:13 PST 2010

Hi Philipp,

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 03:30:18 +0100, Philipp Weissenbacher <p.weissenbacher at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I've promised on IRC some time ago, I updated and extended the
> Go-OO man page for LibreOffice (see attachment).
>
> Important changes to the old [1] one:
> * Adapted it for LibreOffice
> *Added -infilter, -convert-to and -print-to-file options (with
> examples) from /libs-core/desktop/source/app/cmdlinehelp.cxx
> *Tried out most arguments and discovered that some of them accept
> multiple files (like -show)
>
> While reading and testing, some question arose, which I couldn't find
> an answer to:
Help contents may help you, literally :)

> What's the difference between -invisible and -headless?
-headless is useful for batch scripts. It implies -invisible, and strictly
ignores any GUI environment. For example, with -headless environment variable
DISPLAY for X11 does not bother anymore, while the program still respects
it even in case of -invisible.

> Why are there so many arguments to disable showing a splash screen
> -minimized/-nosplash/-nologo/-no-oosplash (from libreoffice.sh)?
>
> What does -nodefault do?
By default swriter etc. open new document at startup even if -minimized etc.
given. You can use -nodefault to stop that.

> Should we keep the reference to OO.o or drop it (we don't really need it)?
> Nevermind what is said, -quickstart still works (and thus I added it).
>
> I have no idea what -nolockcheck does.
According to the comment in the test code, it is supposed to specify not
to check whether the program's process already exists, i.e., to allow its
user to launch one more process.

Cheers,
-- Takeshi Abe