[Libreoffice] space required on Mirrors - Mac languagepacks: No need to have PPC and Intel seperate

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+ooofuture at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 19 08:49:42 PST 2010

Hi *,

While thinking about the download page and size constraints and
whatnot, I realized that the languagepacks for Mac Intel and Mac PPC
are physically duplicated, not hardlinks or symlinks on the mirrors.

This is not necessary.

The way I did write it back, the languagepacks did work for both Intel
as well as PPC versions, as no bytecode is included in those, but just
data files.

The only thing that could be affected is help, when there are Mac
Intel/Mac PPC specific sections, but I'm not aware of any.

So an easy way to save some MB on the mirrors is to only ship one
languagepack, for both Intel as well as PPC - not to mention the
discrepancy wrt. available languages.

Whether using hardlinks or just one single file is a matter of taste,
the hardlink one provides smooth transition at least...

ciao
Christian