[Libreoffice] [Windows] Executable name and file association

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Tue Dec 21 12:51:42 PST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM, plino <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jesús
>
> I uninstalled both and I got the two options in "Open with" as you
> mentioned.
>
> I guess this problem is more common than expected.
>
> And probably will happen to many previous OpenOffice users?

Installing together OOo 3.3 and LibO 3.3 will work fine and when you
update you uninstall the previous version (and as we tested, this
scenario works). So I don't expect many problems for end users who
only install the stable final versions of both products side by side.

In the case of previous OOo users, I will make a few more tests when
RC2 is released, that should be very soon. There are a few workarounds
for this situation, but should work out of the box.

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member