[Libreoffice] Suggestion for Windows building

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 13:14:02 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 20:57 +0100, Julien Nabet wrote:

> 2) mesa headers not found.
> I installed all the packages (bin and sources) except demo proposed by
> cygwin. I searched on Google, nothing.
> Then I added --without-system-mesa-headers

This one, at least, is really a bug, which we've now fixed as of a few
hours ago. I hope so anyway, assuming we didn't break anything else :-)

> If anybody who knows the whole process for Windows would have some time
> to give details in the wiki, it would be great !
> If this person has little time, just give some hints please ! :-)

Tor has done loads of earlier work to try and get more stuff
auto-configured, i.e. see the oowintool

I don't really build under windows, but I did have a go recently, and
tried to add some auto-magickery to make it a little easier to get some
of the prerequisites installed, i.e. see the "WNT" section of the
download script.

So, while I haven't actually a clue how to get the bits that aren't
working for you actually configured myself :-), the route to go would be
for someone that does know to try and tweak the build to
find/download/configure them automatically as best as possible.

C.