[Libreoffice] A file to show 8192 discontinuities crashes Calc

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Thu Dec 23 13:18:34 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 20:48 -0800, r_ouellette wrote:

> Calc 3.3 will freeze forever with this file set to use even or odd numbers
> only, you need to kill the process.

Yup, I did a quick profile, and there are several issues at play here.
I'll look into unwinding this but it will need a bit of work.

Let me look into this.  I already have some ideas to make the filtering
faster, but I need to experiment a bit.

Thanks for the use case.  Performance issue happens to be my sore
spot. :-)

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc