[Libreoffice] How to Update the Downloaded Source?

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Sat Dec 25 04:38:23 PST 2010

Octavio Alvarez said:
> Cc-ing the list again. Please keep messages posted to the list.

    Sorry.  I often forget reply will not go to the list, but the
author.  Maybe the list manager should fix this?

> On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:38:33 -0800, imacat <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>
>> Octavio Alvarez said:
>>> On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:52:51 -0800, imacat <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>
>>> wrote:
>>     Oh, I see.  By the way, why "make install" does not work?  Is it in
>> the to-do list, or is it to be removed?
> No. You may use it if you want. I was just suggesting make dev-install
> for a development environment.

    Thank you.  I was not clear. ^^;  "make install" always fails with
error.  I wonder why.

    I shall try "make dev-install".  Thank you. ^_*'

>>> ./g pull
>>     But there is no such "./g".  Also, the source root is not a git
>> repository, too.  Did I missed something?
> When you cloned the bootstrap repository you get ./g. May be you did
> something in a wrong way. Cloning bootstrap is the very first step.
> mkdir src
> cd src
> mkdir libreoffice
> cd libreoffice
> git clone ... blah blah blah/bootstrap
> cd bootstrap

    I got it. ^^;  I got the source from libreoffice-build-*.tar.gz, but
not "git clone".  I have ./g now.  Thank you. ^_*'

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw>